1500 Watt Zener Transient Voltage Suppressors
Maximum Ratings and Thermal Characteristics
Peak Power Dissipation (Note 1)
@ TL ≤ 25°C
Steady State Power Dissipation
@ TL ≤ 75°C, Lead Length = 3/8 ≤
Derated above TL = 75°C
RθJL 20 °C/W
Forward Surge Current (Note 2)
@TA = 25°C
Operating and Storage
Maximum ratings are those values beyond which device damage can occur. Maximum
ratings applied to the device are individual stress limit values (not normal operating
conditions) and are not valid simultaneously. If these limits are exceeded, device
functional operation is not implied, damage may occur and reliability may be affected.
1. Nonrepetitive current pulse per Figure 5 and derated above TA = 25C per Figure 2.
2. 1/2 sine wave (or equivalent square wave), PW = 8.3 ms, duty cycle = 4 pulses
per minute maximum.
NOTES: Please see 1.5KE6.8CA to 1.5KE250CA for Bidirectional Devices
These devices are designed to protect voltage sensitive
components from high voltage, high−energy transients.
They have excellent clamping capability, high surge
capability, low zener impedance an d fast response time.
These devices are Littelfuse’s exclusive, cost-effective,
highly reliable, axial leaded package and are ideally-suited
for use in communication systems, numerical controls,
process controls, medical equipment, business machines,
power supplies and many other industrial/consumer
applications, to protect CMOS, MOS and Bipolar
• Working Peak Reverse Voltage Range − 5.8 V to 214 V
• Peak Power − 1500 Watts @ 1 ms
• ESD Rating of Class 3 (>16 kV) per Human Body Model
• Maximum Clamp Voltage @ Peak Pulse Current
• Low Leakage < 5 µA Above 10 V
• UL 497B for Isolated Loop Circuit Protection
• Response Time is Typically < 1 ns
• Pb−Free Packages areBiA-dvairileacbtlieonal
© 2017 Littelfuse, Inc.
Specifications are subject to change without notice.