3.3/5V Limiting Amplifier for Aplications to 2.5 Gbps
Preliminary - Rev V5P
• 2.5 Gbps STM-16/OC-48 SDH/SONET
• 1.06, 2.12 and 4.24 Gbps Fibre Channel
• 1.25 Gbps Ethernet
• 2.67 Gbps SDH/SONET with FEC
• Operates with a 3.3 or 5V supply
• 4 mV typical input sensitivity at 2.5 Gbps
• PECL outputs
• Rate Selection for ≤ 1.25 Gbps operation
• Average Receive power monitor output (RSSIAVG)
• Peak-to-peak Receive power monitor output (RSSIPP)
• On-chip DC offset cancellation circuit
• Low power (< 180 mW at 3.3V)
• Programmable CML Output Amplitude Level
• Output Jam Function
• 16 pin 3x3 QFN package
The M02050-15 is an integrated high-gain limiting amplifier. The M02050-15 features PECL outputs and is intended
for use in applications to 2.5 Gbps. Full output swing is achieved even at minimum input sensitivity. The M02050-15
can operate with a 3.3V or 5V supply.
Rate select is supported for SFP applications and/or to achieve optimum sensitivity at data rates ≤ 1.25 Gbps.
When rate select is high, optimum sensitivity is achieved at 2.5 Gbps.
The M02050-15 also includes two analog RSSI outputs proportional to either the average or peak to peak input sig-
nal and a programmable signal-level detector allowing the user to set thresholds at which the logic outputs are
Other available solutions: M02049-15 3.3/5V Limiting Amplifier for Applications to 4.3 Gbps (CML outputs)
M02040-15 3.3/5V Limiting Amplifier for Applications to 2.125 Gbps (PECL outputs)
M02043-15 3.3/5V Limiting Amplifier for Applications to 4.3 Gbps (CML outputs)
1.25 Gbps and 4.25 Gbps SFP reference designs available on MACOM’s website.
Typical Applications Diagram
RATESELControl RATE SEL
AC or DC Coupled
(as described in
M/A-COM Technology Solutions Inc. (MACOM) and its affiliates reserve the right to make changes to the product(s) or information contained herein without notice.
Visit www.macom.com for additional data sheets and product information.
For further information and support please visit: