The Future of Analog IC Technology
The MP020-5 is an offline, primary-side
regulator that provides accurate constant
voltage and constant current regulation without
an opto-coupler or a secondary feedback circuit.
It has an integrated 700V MOSFET.
The MP020-5's variable off-time control allows
a flyback converter to operate in discontinuous
conduction mode. The MP020-5 also features
protection functions such as VCC under-voltage
lockout, over-current protection, over-
temperature protection, open circuit protection
(OCkP) and over-voltage protection. Its internal
high-voltage start-up current source and power-
saving technologies limit the no-load power
consumption to less than 30mW.
The MP020-5's variable-switching-frequency
technology provides natural spectrum shaping
to smooth the EMI signature, making it suitable
for offline, low-power battery chargers and
The MP020-5 is available in SOIC8-7A.
Offline, Primary-Side Regulator
with CC/CV Control and a 700V FET
• Primary-Side–Control without Opto-Coupler
or Secondary Feedback Circuit
• Precise Constant Current and Constant
Voltage Control (CC/CV)
• Integrated 700V MOSFET with Minimal
• Variable, Off-Time, Peak-Current Control
• 550µA High-Voltage Current Source
• 30mW No-Load Power Consumption
• Programmable Cable Compensation
• Multiple Protections: OVP, OCP, OCkP,
OTP, and VCC UVLO
• Natural Spectrum Shaping for Improved
• Low Cost and Simple External circuit
• SOIC8-7A Package
• Cell Phone Chargers
• Adapters for Handheld Electronics
• Stand-By and Auxiliary Power Supplies
• Small Appliances
All MPS parts are lead-free and adhere to the RoHS directive. For MPS green
status, please visit MPS website under Products, Quality Assurance page.
“MPS” and “The Future of Analog IC Technology”, are Registered Trademarks
of Monolithic Power Systems, Inc.
MP020-5 Rev. 1.05
MPS Proprietary Information. Patent Protected. Unauthorized Photocopy and Duplication Prohibited.
© 2014 MPS. All Rights Reserved.