The MPQ2143 is a monolithic, step-down,
switch-mode converter with internal power
MOSFETs. It can achieve up to 3A continuous
output current from a 2.5V–to-5.5V input
voltage with excellent load and line regulation.
The output voltage can be regulated as low as
Constant-on-time control provides fast transient
response and eases loop stabilization. Fault-
condition protections include cycle-by-cycle
current limiting and thermal shutdown.
The MPQ2143 is available in small TSOT23-8
package and requires only a minimal number of
readily-available standard external components.
The MPQ2143 is ideal for a wide range of
applications including high-performance DSPs,
FPGAs, smartphones, portable instruments,
and DVD drivers.
3A, 5.5V, 1.2MHz, 40μA IQ, COT
Synchronous Step-Down Switcher
• Guaranteed Industrial/Automotive Temp
• Wide 2.5V-to-5.5V Operating Input Range
• Output Voltage as Low as 0.6V
• 100% Duty Cycle in Dropout
• Up to 3A Output Current
• Low IQ: 40µA
• 80mΩ and 40mΩ Internal Power MOSFET
• Default 1.2MHz Switching Frequency
• EN and Power-Good for Power Sequencing
• Cycle-by-Cycle Over-Current Protection
• Auto Discharge at Power Off
• Short-Circuit Protect with Hiccup Mode
• Stable with Low-ESR Output Ceramic
• Available in a TSOT23-8 Package
• Available in AEC-Q100 Grade 1
• Low Voltage I/O System Power
• Handheld/Battery-powered Systems
• Wireless/Networking Cards
All MPS parts are lead-free, halogen free, and adhere to the RoHS directive.
For MPS green status, please visit MPS website under Quality Assurance.
“MPS” and “The Future of Analog IC Technology” are Registered Trademarks
of Monolithic Power Systems, Inc.
MPQ2143 Rev. 1.01
MPS Proprietary Information. Patent Protected. Unauthorized Photocopy and Duplication Prohibited.
© 2020 MPS. All Rights Reserved.