Quad USB Power Distribution Switch
The MIC2027 and MIC2077 are quad high-side MOSFET
switches optimized for general-purpose power distribution
requiring circuit protection. The MIC2027/77 are internally
current limited and have thermal shutdown that protects
the device and load.
The MIC2077 offers “smart” thermal shutdown that
reduces current consumption in fault modes. When a
thermal shutdown fault occurs, the output is latched off
until the faulty load is removed. Removing the load or
toggling the enable input will reset the device output.
Both devices employ soft-start circuitry that minimizes
inrush current in applications where highly capacitive loads
A fault status output flag is asserted during overcurrent
and thermal shutdown conditions. Transient current limit
faults are internally filtered.
The MIC2027/77 are available in 16-pin narrow (150 mil)
and wide (300 mil) SOIC packages.
Data sheets and support documentation can be found on
Micrel’s web site at www.micrel.com.
• 150mΩ maximum on-resistance per channel
• 2.7V to 5.5V operating range
• 500mA minimum continuous current per channel
• Short-circuit protection with thermal shutdown
• Thermally isolated channels
• Fault status flag with 3ms filter eliminates false
• Undervoltage lockout
• Reverse current flow blocking (no “body diode”)
• Circuit breaker mode (MIC2077) reduces power
• Logic-compatible inputs
• Soft-start circuit
• Low quiescent current
• Pin compatible with MIC2524 and MIC2527
• USB peripherals
• General purpose power switching
• ACPI power distribution
• Notebook PCs
• PC card hot swap
UL Recognized Component
4-Port Self-Powered Hub
Micrel Inc. • 2180 Fortune Drive • San Jose, CA 95131 • USA • tel +1 (408) 944-0800 • fax + 1 (408) 474-1000 • http://www.micrel.com