The MIC2159 is a high efficiency, simple to use
synchronous buck controller ICs housed in a 10-pin MSOP
ePAD package. The MIC2159 switches at 400kHz,
allowing the smallest possible external components and is
designed to drive loads up to 30A. The devices feature
high output driver capability, combined with an all n-
channel synchronous architecture.
The MIC2159 operates from a 3V to 14.5V input and can
be configured to generate output voltages as low as 0.8V.
Efficiencies of over 95% can be achieved within the
smallest possible printed circuit board space area.
The MIC2159 is available in a thermally capable 10-pin
ePAD MSOP package, with a junction operating range
from –40°C to +125°C.
• Small footprint 10-lead ePAD MSOP
• 3V to 14.5V input voltage range
• Adjustable output voltage down to 0.8V
• 400KHz operation
• Drives two n-channel MOSFETs
- Built-in 3Ω drivers
• Simple control: voltage-mode PWM
• Fast transient response
- Externally compensated
• Over-current protection
• Hiccup mode short-circuit protection
• Dual function COMP & EN pin
- ISD = 50µA
• Short minimum ON time
- Very low duty cycle possible
• Point-of-Load DC/DC conversion
• High Current Power Supplies
• Telecom/datacom and Networking Power Supplies
• Servers and Workstations
• Graphics Cards and other PC Peripherals
MIC2159 Adjustable Output 400kHz Converter
MLF and MicroLead Frame is a registered trademark of Amkor Technology, Inc.
Micrel Inc. • 2180 Fortune Drive • San Jose, CA 95131 • USA • tel +1 (408) 944-0800 • fax + 1 (408) 474-1000 • http://www.micrel.com