6 Channel Capacitive Touch Sensor with 2 LED Drivers
The CAP1126, which incorporates RightTouch® tech-
nology, is a multiple channel Capacitive Touch sensor
with multiple power LED drivers. It contains six (6) indi-
vidual capacitive touch sensor inputs with programma-
ble sensitivity for use in touch sensor applications.
Each sensor input automatically recalibrates to com-
pensate for gradual environmental changes.
The CAP1126 also contains two (2) LED drivers that
offer full-on / off, variable rate blinking, dimness con-
trols, and breathing. Each of the LED drivers may be
linked to one of the sensor inputs to be actuated when
a touch is detected. As well, each LED driver may be
individually controlled via a host controller.
The CAP1126 includes Multiple Pattern Touch recogni-
tion that allows the user to select a specific set of but-
tons to be touched simultaneously. If this pattern is
detected, then a status bit is set and an interrupt gen-
Additionally, the CAP1126 includes circuitry and sup-
port for enhanced sensor proximity detection.
The CAP1126 offers multiple power states operating at
low quiescent currents. In the Standby state of opera-
tion, one or more capacitive touch sensor inputs are
active and all LEDs may be used. If a touch is detected,
it will wake the system using the WAKE/SPI_MOSI pin.
Deep Sleep is the lowest power state available, draw-
ing 5uA (typical) of current. In this state, no sensor
inputs are active. Driving the WAKE/SPI_MOSI pin or
communications will wake the device.
• Desktop and Notebook PCs
• LCD Monitors
• Consumer Electronics
• Six (6) Capacitive Touch Sensor Inputs
- Programmable sensitivity
- Automatic recalibration
- Individual thresholds for each button
• Proximity Detection
• Multiple Button Pattern Detection
• Calibrates for Parasitic Capacitance
• Analog Filtering for System Noise Sources
• Press and Hold feature for Volume-like Applica-
• Multiple Communication Interfaces
- SMBus / I2C compliant interface
- SPI communications
- Pin selectable communications protocol and
multiple slave addresses (SMBus / I2C only)
• Low Power Operation
- 5uA quiescent current in Deep Sleep
- 50uA quiescent current in Standby (1 sensor
- Samples one or more channels in Standby
• Two (2) LED Driver Outputs
- Open Drain or Push-Pull
- Programmable blink, breathe, and dimness
- Can be linked to Capacitive Touch Sensor
• Dedicated Wake output flags touches in low
• System RESET pin
• Available in 16-pin 4mm x 4mm RoHS compliant
2015 Microchip Technology Inc.