±1.5°C SMBus Temperature Sensor in Miniature TSOT
• Self-Contained Internal Temperature Sensor
- +0.25°C resolution
- ±1.5°C Accuracy +40°C to +85°C
• SMBus Address Selected by External Resistor:
- Select 1 of 4 per package, 8 addresses
• Maskable Interrupt using ALERT pin
• One-shot Command during Standby
• Low Power, 3.0V to 3.6V Supply
• 47 µA at 0.0625 Conversions per Second
• 4.8 µA in Standby (Typical)
• SMBus 2.0 Compliant interface
• Programmable Temperature Conversion Rate
• Small 6-lead TSOT package
• Desktop and Notebook Computers
• Smart batteries
• Other Electronic Systems
The EMC1001 is a tiny SMBus temperature sensor
with ±1.5°C accuracy and two interrupts. Packaged in
a SOT23-6, the EMC1001 provides an accurate,
low-cost, low-current solution for critical temperature
monitoring in a PC or in embedded applications.
The EMC1001 generates two separate interrupts with
programmable thermal trip points. The THERM output
operates as a thermostat with programmable threshold
and hysteresis. The ALERT output can be configured
as a maskable SMBus alert with programmable win-
dow comparator limits, or as a second THERM output.
An efficient fan control system can be created since
this output may be used to control a fan.
A power-down mode extends battery life in portable
Each part number may be configured to respond to one
of four separate SMBus addresses.
2015 Microchip Technology Inc.