4-Ch. 5-Level ±80V High-Voltage Ultrasound Pulser with T/R Switches
• Power Sequencing Free 5 Output Levels
including RTZ (Return-to-Zero)
• -44 dB Single-Cycle Pulse-Inversion Second
Harmonic Distortion (HD2) at 5 MHz
• Output Voltage up to ±80V
• ±2.5A Peak Output Current
• ±300 mA Current from VPP1/VNN1 in CW Mode-0
• Integrated T/R Switch & RX Damper Switch
• Bleeder Switches Achieve True Zero during RTZ
• Supports Both Transparent and Re-Timing Mode
• Re-Timing Clock Frequency Supports up to
• Built-In Output Protection Diodes and Clamp
• +2.5/+3.3V Input Logic
• Built-In CW Switches to Pair with External CW
Transmitters (CW Mode-1)
• 9 mm x 9 mm 64-Lead VQFN Package
• Medical Ultrasound Imaging Systems
• NDT Ultrasound
• Piezoelectric or Capacitive Transducer Drivers
The HV7321 is a 4-channel, 5-level, ultrasound
transmitter with built-in T/R switches, output protection
diodes and clamp diodes. The HV7321 can provide up
to ±2.5A and the output voltage swing can be up to
±80V. The HV7321 supports both Transparent and
Re-Timing mode. The re-timing clock frequency can
support up to 220 MHz. The re-timing feature helps
reduce the output jitter introduced by the driving the
field-programmable gate array (FPGA).
The HV7321 has two different modes for
CW transmission, CW-Mode 0 and CW-Mode 1.
In CW-Mode 0 (Mode = 0, PWS = 0), the VPP1 and
VNN1 rails are used for CW transmission. The output
current is reduced in CW Mode-0.
In CW-Mode 1, the HV7321 accepts the output of an
external CW beamformer as CW source.
The HV7321 is LVCMOS 2.5V/3.3V input compatible,
which can be interfaced with the FPGA directly.
The HV7321 is available in a 9 mm x 9 mm 64-Lead
2016 Microchip Technology Inc.