LED Driver with Average-Current Mode Constant-Current Control
• Fast Average Current Control
• Programmable Constant Off-time Switching
• Linear Dimming Input
• PWM Dimming Input
• Output Short-circuit Protection with Skip Mode
• –40°C to +125°C Ambient Operating
• Pin-compatible with HV9910B
• DC/DC or AC/DC LED Driver Applications
• LED Backlight Driver for LCD Displays
• General Purpose Constant-current Source
• LED Signage and Displays
• Architectural and Decorative LED Lighting
• LED Street Lighting
The HV9961 is an Average-Current mode
constant-current control LED driver IC operating in a
constant Off-time mode. Unlike the HV9910B, this
control IC does not produce a peak-to-average error.
This greatly improves accuracy as well as the line and
load regulations of the LED current without any need
for loop compensation or high-side current sensing. Its
output LED current accuracy is ±3%.
The IC is equipped with a current limit comparator for
Hiccup mode output short-circuit protection.
The HV9961 can be powered from an 8V–450V supply.
It has a PWM dimming input that accepts an external
control TTL-compatible signal. In addition, the output
current can be programmed by an internal 275 mV
reference or controlled externally through a 0V–1.5V
linear dimming input.
The HV9961 is pin-to-pin compatible with HV9910B,
and it can be used as a drop-in replacement for many
applications to improve LED current accuracy and
5 PWMD GATE 8
See Table 2-1 for pin information.
2017 Microchip Technology Inc.