3 µA Comparator with Integrated Reference Voltage
• Factory Set Reference Voltage
- Available Voltage: 1.21V and 2.4V
- Tolerance: ±1% (typical)
• Low Quiescent Current: 2.5 µA (typical)
• Propagation Delay: 4 µs with 100 mV Overdrive
• Input Offset Voltage: ±3mV (typical)
• Rail-to-Rail Input: VSS - 0.3V to VDD + 0.3V
• Output Options:
- MCP65R41 Push-Pull
- MCP65R46 Open-Drain
• Wide Supply Voltage Range: 1.8V to 5.5V
• Packages: SOT23-6
• Laptop Computers
• Mobile Phones
• Hand-held Metering Systems
• Hand-held Electronics
• RC Timers
• Alarm and Monitoring Circuits
• Window Comparators
• Microchip Advanced Part Selector (MAPS)
• Analog Demonstration and Evaluation Boards
The Microchip Technology Inc. MCP65R41/6 family of
push-pull and open-drain output comparators are
offered with integrated reference voltages of 1.21V and
2.4V. This family provides ±1% (typical) tolerance while
consuming 2.5 µA (typical) current. These comparators
operate with a single-supply voltage as low as 1.8V to
5.5V, which makes them ideal for low cost and/or
battery powered applications.
These comparators are optimized for low-power,
single-supply applications with greater than rail-to-rail
input operation. The output limits supply current surges
and dynamic power consumption while switching. The
internal input hysteresis eliminates output switching
due to internal noise voltage, reducing current draw.
The MCP65R41 output interfaces to CMOS/TTL logic.
The open-drain output device MCP65R46 can be used
as a level-shifter from 1.6V to 10V using a pull-up
resistor. It can also be used as a wired-OR logic.
This family of devices is available in the 6-lead SOT-23
* Pull-up resistor required for the MCP65R46 only.
2010-2011 Microchip Technology Inc.