26V, 10A DC-to-DC Power Module
• No Compensation Required
• Up to 10A Output Current
• >93% Peak Efficiency
• Output Voltage: 0.8V to 0.85*VIN with
• Adjustable Switching Frequency from 200 kHz to
• Enable Input and Open-Drain Power Good (PG)
• Hyper Speed Control® (MIC45208-2) Architecture
enables Fast Transient Response
• HyperLight Load® (MIC45208-1) improves Light
• Supports Safe Start-up into Pre-Biased Output
• –40 C to +125°C Junction Temperature Range
• Thermal Shutdown Protection
• Short-Circuit Protection with Hiccup mode
• Adjustable Current Limit
• Available in 52-Pin 10 mm x 10 mm x 4 mm QFN
• High-Power Density Point-of-Load (POL)
• Servers, Routers, Networking and Base Stations
• FPGAs, DSP and Low-Voltage ASIC Power Supplies
• Industrial and Medical Equipment
Typical Application Schematic
The MIC45208-1/-2 is a synchronous, step-down regula-
tor module, featuring a unique adaptive ON-time control
architecture. The module incorporates a DC-to-DC
controller, power MOSFETs, bootstrap diode, bootstrap
capacitor and an inductor in a single package, simplifying
the design and layout process for the end user.
This highly integrated solution expedites system
design and improves product time-to-market. The
internal MOSFETs and inductor are optimized to
achieve high efficiency at a low-output voltage. The
fully optimized design can deliver up to 10A current
under a wide input voltage range of 4.5V to 26V,
without requiring additional cooling.
The MIC45208-1 uses the HyperLight Load (HLL) while
the MIC45208-2 uses Hyper Speed Control (HSC) archi-
tecture, which enables ultra-fast load transient
response, allowing for a reduction of output capacitance.
The MIC45208 offers 1% output accuracy that can be
adjusted from 0.8V to 0.85*VIN with two external
resistors. Additional features include thermal shutdown
protection, input undervoltage lockout, adjustable
current limit and short-circuit protection. The MIC45208
allows for safe start-up into a pre-biased output.
Data sheet and other support documentation can be
found on the Microchip web site at: www.microchip.com.
2017 Microchip Technology Inc.