8K/16K 1.8V Microwire® Serial EEPROM
• Single supply operation down to 1.8V
• Low power CMOS technology
- 1 mA active current typical
- 5 µA standby current (typical) at 3.0V
• ORG pin selectable memory conﬁguration
- 1024 x 8 or 512 x 16-bit organization
- 2048 x 8 or 1024 x 16-bit organization
• Self-timed ERASE and WRITE cycles
• Automatic ERAL before WRAL
• Power on/off data protection circuitry
• Industry standard 3-wire serial I/O
• Device status signal during ERASE/WRITE cycles
• Sequential READ function
• 10,000,000 ERASE/WRITE cycles guaranteed
• Data retention > 200 years
• 8-pin PDIP/SOIC package
• Temperature ranges available:
- Commercial (C): 0°C to +70°C
The Microchip Technology Inc. 93AA76/86 are 8K and
16K low voltage serial Electrically Erasable PROMs.
The device memory is conﬁgured as x8 or x16 bits
depending on the ORG pin setup. Advanced CMOS
technology makes these devices ideal for low power
non-volatile memory applications. These devices also
have a Program Enable (PE) pin to allow the user to
write protect the entire contents of the memory array.
The 93AA76/86 is available in standard 8-pin DIP and
8-pin surface mount SOIC packages.
Microwire is a registered trademark of National Semiconductor Incorporated.
© 1996 Microchip Technology Inc.
This document was created with FrameMaker 4 0 4