1N5985BUR-1 thru 1N6031BUR-1
Surface Mount 500 mW Zener Diodes
The popular 1N5985BUR-1 thru 1N6031BUR-1 series of 0.5 watt Zener voltage regulators
provides a selection from 2.4 to 200 volts in 10%, 5%, 2% and 1% tolerances. These glass
surface mount DO-213AA Zeners are also available in various military equivalent screening
levels by adding a prefix identifier as described in the “part nomenclature” section. Microsemi
also offers numerous other Zener products to meet higher and lower power applications.
Important: For the latest information, visit our website http://www.microsemi.com.
• Surface mount equivalents to JEDEC registered 1N5985 to 1N6031 series.
• Similar to operating current conditions of the BZX55 Pro Electron series of Zener products in
• Multiple voltage tolerances are available (see part nomenclature).
• Internal metallurgical bonds.
• High-reliability screened equivalents in reference to MIL-PRF-19500 are available.
• RoHS compliant versions available (commercial grade only).
APPLICATIONS / BENEFITS
• Regulates voltage over a broad operating current and temperature range.
• Extensive selection from 2.4 to 200 volts.
• Non-sensitive to ESD (MIL-STD-750, method 1020).
• Minimal capacitance (see Figure 2).
• Inherently radiation hard as described in Microsemi “MicroNote 050”.
Also available in:
1N5985B-1 – 1N6031B-1
Power Dissipation at 25oC (1)
(Also see derating in Figure 1)
Junction and Storage Temperature
Thermal Resistance Junction-to-End Cap (2)
Thermal Resistance Junction-to-Ambient (2)
Forward Voltage @ 200mA
Solder Temperature @ 10 s
TJ and TSTG
-65 to +175
Notes: 1. At end cap temperatures T EC < 100 oC or 0.5 watts at ambient T A < 25 ºC when mounted on FR4 PC
board as described for thermal resistance.
2. When mounted on FR4 PC board (1 oz Cu) with recommended footprint (see last page).
MSC – Lawrence
6 Lake Street,
Lawrence, MA 01841
Tel: 1-800-446-1158 or
Fax: (978) 689-0803
MSC – Ireland
Gort Road Business Park,
Ennis, Co. Clare, Ireland
Tel: +353 (0) 65 6840044
Fax: +353 (0) 65 6822298
T4-LDS-0228-1, Rev. 1 (111898)
©2011 Microsemi Corporation
Page 1 of 5