1N6036(A) thru 1N6072(A)
1500 WATT BIDIRECTIONAL
TRANSIENT VOLTAGE SUPPESSOR
Qualified per MIL-PRF-19500/507
This popular Transient Voltage Suppressor (TVS) series for 1N6036 thru 1N6072A are JEDEC
registered selections for bidirectional devices. All have the same high Peak Pulse Power
rating of 1500 W with extremely fast response times. They are also available in military
qualified selections as described in the “Features” section herein. They are most often used
for protecting against transients from inductive switching environments, induced RF effects, or
induced secondary lightning effects as found in lower surge levels of IEC61000-4-5. They are
also very successful in protecting airborne avionics and electrical systems. Since their
response time is virtually instantaneous, they can also protect from ESD and EFT per
IEC61000-4-2 and IEC61000-4-4.
JAN, JANTX, and
Important: For the latest information, visit our website http://www.microsemi.com.
• Bidirectional TVS series in axial packages for thru-hole mounting.
• Suppresses transients up to 1500 watts @ 10/1000 µs (see Figure 1).
• Clamps transients in less than 100 pico seconds.
• Working voltage (VWM) range 5.5 V to 185 V.
• Hermetically sealed DO-13 metal package.
• JAN, JANTX, JANTXV military qualifications also available per MIL-PRF-19500/507 for the tighter
tolerance “A” suffix types by adding the JAN, JANTX, or JANTXV prefix, e.g. JANTXV1N6036A,
• RoHS compliant versions available (commercial grade only).
APPLICATIONS / BENEFITS
• Protection from switching transients and induced RF.
• Protection from ESD & EFT per IEC 61000-4-2 and IEC 61000-4-4.
• Secondary lightning protection per IEC61000-4-5 with 42 Ohms source impedance:
Class 1: 1N6036 to 1N6072A
Class 2: 1N6036 to 1N6067A
Class 3: 1N6036 to 1N6061A
Class 4: 1N6036 to 1N6054A
• Secondary lightning protection per IEC61000-4-5 with 12 Ohms source impedance:
Class 1: 1N6036 to 1N6064A
Class 2: 1N6036 to 1N6057A
Class 3: 1N6036 to 1N6049A
Class 4: 1N6036 to 1N6042A
• Secondary lightning protection per IEC61000-4-5 with 2 Ohms source impedance:
Class 2: 1N6036 to 1N6048A
Class 3: 1N6036 to 1N6041A
• Inherently radiation hard as described in Microsemi “MicroNote 050”.
Also available in:
(unidi rectio nal)
1N5629 – 1N5665A
Case 1 package
1.5KE6.8C – 1.5KE220CA
SMCG5.0 – SMCG170A
SMCJ5.0 – SMCJ170A
MSC – Lawrence
6 Lake Street,
Lawrence, MA 01841
Tel: 1-800-446-1158 or
Fax: (978) 689-0803
MSC – Ireland
Gort Road Business Park,
Ennis, Co. Clare, Ireland
Tel: +353 (0) 65 6840044
Fax: +353 (0) 65 6822298
T4-LDS-0097, Rev. 3 (120714)
©2012 Microsemi Corporation
Page 1 of 7