SMBJ5333B thru SMBJ5388B
Surface Mount Silicon 5 Watt
The SMBJ5333B - SMBJ5388B series of surface mount 5.0 watt Zeners provides a selection
from 3.3 to 200 volts with different tolerances as identified by suffix letter on the part number.
It is equivalent to the JEDEC registered 1N5333 thru 1N5388B with identical electrical
characteristics and testing. These parts are available with either Sn/Pb plating or a RoHS
compliant matte-tin finish. This J-bend design (SMBJ) in the DO-214AA allows for greater PC
board mounting density. These plastic encapsulated Zeners have a moisture classification of
“Level 1” with no dry pack required. Microsemi also offers numerous other Zener products to
meet higher and lower power applications.
Important: For the latest information, visit our website http://www.microsemi.com.
• Surface mount equivalent to JEDEC registered 1N5333 thru 1N5388 series.
• Ideal for high-density and low-profile mounting.
• Zener voltage available 3.3 V to 200 V.
• Plus/minus 10%, 5% and 2% voltage tolerances are available.
(See part nomenclature block.)
• RoHS compliant versions available.
NOTE: All SMB series are
equivalent to prior SMS package
Also available in:
(Gull-wing surface mount)
SMBG5333 – SMBG5388
1N5333 – 1N5388
APPLICATIONS / BENEFITS
• Regulates voltage over broad operating current and temperature ranges.
• Wide selection from 3.3 to 200 V.
• Non-sensitive to ESD per MIL-STD-750 method 1020.
• Withstands high surge stresses.
• Minimal changes of voltage versus current.
• High specified maximum current (IZM) with adequate heat sinking.
• Moisture classification is “Level 1” per IPC/JEDEC J-STD-020B with no dry pack required.
Junction and Storage Temperature
Thermal Resistance Junction-to-Lead
Thermal Resistance Junction-to-Ambient (1)
Off-State Power Dissipation @ 25 oC (2)
Forward Voltage @ 1.0 A
Solder Temperature @ 10 s
TJ and TSTG
-65 to +150
Notes: 1. When mounted on FR4 PC board (1oz Cu) with recommended footprint (see pad layout).
2. 5 watts at T L < 25 oC, or 1.38 watts at T A = 25 ºC when mounted on FR4 PC board with recommended
footprint (also see Figure 1).
MSC – Lawrence
6 Lake Street,
Lawrence, MA 01841
Tel: 1-800-446-1158 or
Fax: (978) 689-0803
MSC – Ireland
Gort Road Business Park,
Ennis, Co. Clare, Ireland
Tel: +353 (0) 65 6840044
Fax: +353 (0) 65 6822298
T4-LDS-0246-2, Rev. 1 (120180)
©2012 Microsemi Corporation
Page 1 of 5