2N2904(A) and 2N2905(A)
PNP SWITCHING SILICON
Qualified per MIL-PRF-19500/290
JAN, JANTX, JANTXV
This family of 2N2904 and 2N2905A switching transistors are military qualified up to the JANS
level for high-reliability applications. These devices are also available in a TO-5 package.
Microsemi also offers numerous other transistor products to meet higher and lower power
ratings with various switching speed requirements in both through-hole and surface-mount
Important: For the latest information, visit our website http://www.microsemi.com.
• JEDEC registered 2N2904 through 2N2905A series.
• JAN, JANTX, JANTXV, and JANS qualifications are available per MIL-PRF-19500/290.
(See part nomenclature for all available options.)
• RoHS compliant versions available (commercial grade only).
APPLICATIONS / BENEFITS
• General purpose transistors for high speed switching applications.
• Military and other high-reliability applications.
Also available in:
2N2904AL & 2N2905AL
Parameters / Test Conditions
Thermal Resistance Junction-to-Ambient
Thermal Resistance Junction-to-Case
Total Power Dissipation
@ TA = +25 °C (1)
@ TC = +25 °C (2)
Operating & Storage Junction Temperature Range
-65 to +200
Notes: 1. For derating, see figures 1 and 2.
2. For thermal impedance, see figures 3 and 4.
MSC – Lawrence
6 Lake Street,
Lawrence, MA 01841
Tel: 1-800-446-1158 or
Fax: (978) 689-0803
MSC – Ireland
Gort Road Business Park,
Ennis, Co. Clare, Ireland
Tel: +353 (0) 65 6840044
Fax: +353 (0) 65 6822298
T4-LDS-0186, Rev. 2 (121219)
©2012 Microsemi Corporation
Page 1 of 7