Order this document by MC33349PP/D
Lithium Battery Protection
Circuit for One Cell
The MC33349 is a monolithic lithium battery protection circuit that is
designed to enhance the useful operating life of a one cell rechargeable
battery pack. Cell protection features consist of internally trimmed charge
and discharge voltage limits, charge and discharge current limit detection,
and a virtually zero current sleepmode state when the cell is discharged.
This protection circuit requires a minimum number of external components
and is targeted for inclusion within the battery pack. This MC33349 is
available in the SOT–23 6 lead surface mount package.
• Internally Trimmed Charge and Discharge Voltage Limits
• Charge and Discharge Current Limit Detection
• Virtually Zero Current Sleepmode State when Cells are Discharged
• Dedicated for One Cell Applications
• Minimum Components for Inclusion within the Battery Pack
• Available in a Low Profile Surface Mount Package
Ordering Information shown on following page.
SMART BATTERY PACKS
Typical One Cell Smart Battery Pack
0.01 µF 4
This device contains 264 active transistors.
This document contains information on a product under development. Motorola reserves the
rigMhtOtoTcOhaRnOgeLoAr dAiscNonAtiLnuOeGthisICproDdEucVt IwCitEhoDutAnoTtAice.
© Motorola, Inc. 1998