Freescale Semiconductor, Inc.
SEMICONDUCTOR TECHNICAL DATA
Document order number: MC33395/D
Rev 2.0, 01/2004
Three-Phase Gate Driver IC
The 33395 simplifies the design of high-power BLDC motor control design by
combining the gate drive, charge pump, current sense, and protection circuitry
necessary to drive a three-phase bridge configuration of six N-channel power
MOSFETs. Mode logic is incorporated to route a pulse width modulation (PWM)
signal to either the low-side MOSFETs or high-side MOSFETs of the bridge, or
to provide complementary PWM outputs to both the low- and high-sides of the
Detection and drive circuitry are also incorporated to control a reverse battery
protection high-side MOSFET switch. PWM frequencies up to 28 kHz are
possible. Built-in protection circuitry prevents damage to the MOSFET bridge as
well as the drive IC and includes overvoltage shutdown, overtemperature
shutdown, overcurrent shutdown, and undervoltage shutdown.
The device is parametrically specified over an ambient temperature range of
-40°C ≤ TA ≤ 125°C and 5.5 V ≤ VIGN ≤ 24 V supply.
• Drives Six N-Channel Low RDS(ON) Power MOSFETs
• Built-In Charge Pump Circuitry
• Built-In Current Sense Comparator and Output Drive Current Limiting
• Built-In PWM Mode Control Logic
• Built-In Circuit Protection
• Designed for Fractional to Integral HP BLDC Motors
• 32-Terminal SOIC Wide Body Surface Mount Package
• 33395 Incorporates a <5.0 µs Shoot-Through Suppression Timer
• 33395T Incorporates a <1.0 µs Shoot-Through Suppression Timer
GATE DRIVER IC
-40°C to 125°C
33395 Simplified Application Diagram
This document contains certain information on a new product.
Specifications and information herein are subject to change without notice.
© Motorola, Inc. 2004
For More Information On This Product,
Go to: www.freescale.com