Document Number: MC33902
Rev. 3.0, 8/2009
High Speed CAN Interface with
Embedded 5.0 V Supply
The MC33902 is a high speed CAN physical interface. The device
includes an internal 5.0 V supply for the CAN bus transceiver, and
requires only a connection to a battery line.
The MC33902 provides 4 operation modes, including low power
modes with remote and local wake-up.
The device has very low sleep and standby current consumption.
• High speed CAN interface for baud rates of 40 kb/s to 1.0 Mb/s
• Compatible to ISO11898 standard
• Single supply from battery. No need for a 5.0 V supply for CAN
• I/O compatible from 2.75 V to 5.5 V via a dedicated input terminal
(3.3 V or 5.0 V logic compatible)
• Low Power mode with remote CAN wake-up and local wake-up
recognition and reporting
• CAN bus failure diagnostics and TXD/RXD pin monitoring, cold
start detection, wake-up sources reported through the ERR pin
• Enhanced diagnostics for bus, TXD, RXD and supply pins
available through Pseudo SPI via existing terminals EN, STBY
• Split terminal for bus recessive level stabilization
• INH output to control external voltage regulator
• Pb-free packaging designated by suffix code EF
HIGH SPEED CAN PHYSICAL INTERFACE
EF SUFFIX (PB-FREE)
-40°C to 125°C
Figure 1. MC33902 Simplified Application Diagram
* This document contains certain information on a new product.
Specifications and information herein are subject to change without notice.
© Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., 2007-2009. All rights reserved.