Freescale Semiconductor, Inc.
SEMICONDUCTOR TECHNICAL DATA
Document order number: MC33981
Rev 2.0, 10/2004
Self-Protected High-Side Switch
(4.0 mΩ up to 60 kHz)
The 33981 is a high-frequency, self-protected 4.0 mΩ RDS(ON) high-side
switch used to replace electromechanical relays, fuses, and discrete devices
in power management applications.
The 33981 can be controlled by pulse-width modulation (PWM) with a
frequency up to 60 kHz. It is designed for harsh environments, and it includes
self-recovery features. The 33981 is suitable for loads with high inrush current,
as well as motors and all types of resistive and inductive loads.
The 33981 is packaged in a 12 x 12 nonleaded power-enhanced Power
QFN package with exposed tabs.
• Single 4.0 mΩ RDS(ON) Maximum High-Side Switch
• PWM Capability up to 60 kHz with Duty Cycle from 5% to 100%
• Very Low Standby Current
• Slew Rate Control with External Capacitor
• Overcurrent and Overtemperature Protection, Undervoltage Shutdown
and Fault Reporting
• Reverse Battery Protection
• Gate Drive Signal for External Low-Side N-Channel MOSFET with
• Output Current Monitoring
• Temperature Feedback
16-TERMINAL PQFN (12 X 12)
PC33981PNA/R2 -40°C to 125°C 16 PQFN
This document contains information on a product under development.
Motorola reserves the right to change or discontinue this product without notice.
© Motorola, Inc. 2004
For More Information On This Product,
Go to: www.freescale.com