Freescale Semiconductor, Inc.
SEMICONDUCTOR TECHNICAL DATA
Document order number: MC33661
Rev 3.0, 10/2004
LIN Enhanced Physical Interface
Local Interconnect Network (LIN) is a serial communication protocol
designed to support automotive networks in conjunction with Controller Area
Network (CAN). As the lowest level of a hierarchical network, LIN enables
cost-effective communication with sensors and actuators when all the features
of CAN are not required.
The 33661 is a Physical Layer component dedicated to automotive LIN sub-
bus applications. It offers slew rate selection for optimized operation at
10 kbps and 20 kbps, fast baud rate (above 100 kbps) for test and
programming modes, excellent radiated emission performance, and safe
behavior in the event of LIN bus short-to-ground or LIN bus leakage during
• Operational from VSUP 6.0 V to 18 V DC, Functional up to 27 V DC, and
Handles 40 V During Load Dump
• Active Bus Waveshaping Offering Excellent Radiated Emission
• 5.0 kV ESD on LIN Bus Terminal
• 30 kΩ Internal Pullup Resistor
• LIN Bus Short-to-Ground or High Leakage in Sleep Mode
• -18 V to +40 V DC Voltage at LIN Terminal
• 8.0 µA Standby Current in Sleep Mode
• Local and Remote Wake-Up Capability Reported by INH and RXD
• 5.0 V and 3.3 V Compatible Digital Inputs Without Any External
MC33661D/R2 -40°C to 125°C
33661 Simplified Application Diagram
12.0 V / 5.0 V
This document contains certain information on a new product.
Specifications and information herein are subject to change without notice.
© Motorola, Inc. 2004
For More Information On This Product,
Go to: www.freescale.com