Document Number: MC33580
Rev. 6.0, 4/2007
Quad High-Side Switch
(Quad 15 mΩ)
The 33580 is one in a family of devices designed for low-voltage
automotive and industrial lighting and motor control applications. Its
four low RDS(ON) MOSFETs (four 15 mΩ) can control the high sides of
four separate resistive or inductive loads.
Programming, control, and diagnostics are accomplished using a
16-bit SPI interface. Additionally, each output has its own parallel input
for pulse-width modulation (PWM) control if desired. The 33580 allows
the user to program via the SPI the fault current trip levels and duration
of acceptable lamp inrush or motor stall intervals. Such
programmability allows tight control of fault currents and can protect
wiring harnesses and circuit boards as well as loads.
The 33580 is packaged in a power-enhanced 12x 12 nonleaded
Power QFN package with exposed tabs.
• Quad 15 mΩ High-Side Switches (at 25°C)
• Operating Voltage Range of 6.0 V to 27 V with Standby Current
< 5.0 µA
• SPI Control of Overcurrent Limit, Overcurrent Fault Blanking
PNA SUFFIX (Pb-FREE)
24-PIN PQFN (12 x 12)
Time, Output OFF Open Load Detection, Output ON/OFF
Control, Watchdog Timeout, Slew Rates, and Fault Status
• SPI Status Reporting of Overcurrent, Open and Shorted Loads,
Overtemperature, Undervoltage and Overvoltage Shutdown,
Fail-Safe Pin Status, and Program Status
• Analog Current Feedback with Selectable Ratio
MC33580BAPNA/R2 -40°C to 125°C
• Analog Board Temperature Feedback
• Enhanced -16 V Reverse Polarity VPWR Protection
• Pb-Free Packaging Designated by Suffix Code PNA
VDD VPWR VDD
Figure 1. 33580 Simplified Application Diagram
* This document contains certain information on a new product.
Specifications and information herein are subject to change without notice.
© Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., 2007. All rights reserved.