Peak Power Dissipation at TA = 25°C, Tp = 1ms (Note 1)
Steady State Power Dissipation
Peak Forward Surge Current, 8.3ms Single Half
Sine-wave Superimposed on Rated Load
(JEDEC method) (Note 2, 3) - Unidirectional Only
Maximum Instantaneous Forward Voltage at 50.0A for
Unidirectional Only (Note 4)
Typical Thermal Resistance (Note 5)
Operating and Storage Temperature Range
-65 to + 150
Notes: 1. Non-repetitive current pulse and derated above TA = 25°C.
2. Mounted on 5.0mm2 (0.013mm thick) copper pads to each terminal.
3. 8.3ms single half sine-wave or equivalent square wave, duty cycle = 4 pulses per minutes maximum.
4. VF = 3.5V on P6SMB6.8 thru P6SMB91 devices and VF = 5.0V on P6SMB100 thru P6SMB220 devices.
5. Measured on P.C.B. with 0.27 x 0.27 Inch (7.0 x 7.0mm) copper pad areas.
Devices for bipolar applications
1. For bidirectional use C or CA suffix for types P6SMB6.8 through types P6SMB220A.
2. Electrical characteristics apply in both directions.
Ratings and Characteristic Curves
Peak Pulse Power Rating Curve
Pulse Derating Curve
tp, Pulse Width, sec.
TA Ambient Temperature, °C