MOS INTEGRATED CIRCUIT
4-BIT SINGLE-CHIP MICROCONTROLLER
FOR REMOTE CONTROL TRANSMISSION
The µPD6124A and 6600A are 4-bit single-chip microcontrollers for infrared remote controllers for TVs, VCRs,
stereos, cassette decks, air conditions, etc.
www.DataSheet4U.comThese microcontrollers consist of ROM, RAM, a 4-bit parallel-processing ALU, a programmable timer, key input/
output ports, and transmit output ports. Functioning is controlled by a program.
A one-time PROM, model µPD61P24, to which a program can be written only once is also available. This one-time
PROM is ideal for evaluation of programs running in a µPD6124A or 6600A, and for small-scale production of such
• Transmitter for programmable infrared remote control-
• 19 types of instructions
• Instruction execution time: 17.6 µs (with 455-kHz ce-
• Program memory (ROM) capacity
• µPD6124A: 1002 × 10 bits
• µPD6600A: 512 × 10 bits
• Data memory (RAM) capacity: 32 × 5 bits
• 9-bit programmable timer: 1 channel
• I/O pins (KI/O): 8 pins
• Input pins (KI): 4 pins
• Serial input pins (S-IN): 1 pin
• Transmission-in-progress indication pin (S-OUT): 1
• Transmit carrier frequency (REM)
• Standby operation (HALT/STOP mode)
• Low power consumption
• Current consumption in STOP mode (TA = 25°C)
• Low-voltage operation
µPD6124A: VDD = 2.2 to 5.5 V
µPD6600A: VDD = 2.2 to 3.6 V
Caution To use the NEC transmission format, ask NEC to supply the custom code.
Do not use R0 when using a register as an operand of the branch instruction.
The information in this document is subject to change without notice.
Document No. U12391EJ5V0DS00 (5th edition)
(Previous No. IC-1927)
Date Published June 1997 N
Printed in Japan
The mark shows major revised points.