MOS INTEGRATED CIRCUIT
8M-WORD BY 64-BIT
VirtualChannelTM SYNCHRONOUS DYNAMIC RAM MODULE
The MC-45V8AB641 is a 8,388,608 words by 64 bits VirtualChannel synchronous dynamic RAM module on which 4
pieces of 128M VirtualChannel SDRAM : µPD45125161 are assembled.
This module provides high density and large quantities of memory in a small space without utilizing the surface-
mounting technology on the printed circuit board.
Decoupling capacitors are mounted on power supply line for noise reduction.
• 8,388,608 words by 64 bits organization
• Clock frequency and access time from CLK
Maximum supply current mA
latency frequency time
MHz (MAX.) from CLK Prefetch Restore
read / write (Burst)
• MC-45V8AB641KFA-A75 2
• Fully Standard Synchronous Dynamic RAM, with all signals referenced to a positive clock edge
• Dual internal banks controlled by BA0 (Bank Select)
• Programmable wrap sequence (sequential / interleave)
• Programmable burst length (1, 2, 4, 8 and 16)
• • Read latency (2)
• • Prefetch read latency (4)
• Auto precharge and without auto precharge
• Auto refresh and self refresh
• Single 3.3 V ± 0.3 V power supply
• Interface: LVTTL
• Refresh cycle: 4K cycles/64 ms
• 168-pin dual in-line memory module (Pin pitch = 1.27 mm)
• Unbuffered type
• Serial PD
The information in this document is subject to change without notice. Before using this document, please
confirm that this is the latest version.
Not all devices/types available in every country. Please check with local NEC representative for
availability and additional information.
Document No. M14619EJ2V0DS00 (2nd edition)
Date Published June 2000 NS CP (K)
Printed in Japan
The mark • shows major revised points.