PRELIMINARY PRODUCT INFORMATION
MOS INTEGRATED CIRCUIT
COMPACT DISC DIGITAL SERVO/DATA PROCESSOR WITH ON-CHIP RF AMPLIFIER
The µPD63711 is an LSI that has all of the functions required to control a CD player, with a digital servo, data
www.DataSheet4U.comprocessor, RF amplifier, audio DAC, and post-processing filter incorporated on a single chip. CD-TEXT is also
Detailed function descriptions are provided in the following user’s manuals. Be sure to read them before designing.
µPD63711 User’s Manual: To be prepared
• Realization of set miniaturization by integrating a digital servo, data processor, 8-fs oversampling digital filter, D/A
converter, and RF amplifier on a single chip.
• On-chip SCF (Switched Capacitor Filter) as audio DAC block post-processing filter
• Employment of digital loop filter for four servo systems. Since the filter coefficient is programmable, a variety of
characteristics can be realized.
• On-chip automatic adjustment function. Automatic adjustments of focus offset, focus gain, focus balance, tracking
offset, tracking gain, and tracking balance are possible.
• On-chip 16-Kbit SRAM needed for de-interleaving.
• Since a digital PLL circuit is employed, the external components of the bit clock regeneration circuit are not
• CIRC error correction capability C1: Double correction C2: Quadruple correction (CD-ROM mode)
• On-chip fourth order ∆Σ type one-bit D/A converter and post-processing filter
• On-chip mirror circuit, DEFECT circuit, RFOK circuit, and EFM comparator.
• A de-emphasis circuit can be controlled via a microcontroller for supporting connection with shock-proof ICs.
• Crystal oscillation stop function
• Pickup of both current and voltage output can be supported.
• Single 5-V power supply
100-pin plastic LQFP (fine pitch) (14 × 14 mm)
The information contained in this document is being issued in advance of the production cycle for the
device. The parameters for the device may change before final production or NEC Corporation, at its own
discretion, may withdraw the device prior to its production.
Not all devices/types available in every country. Please check with local NEC representative for
availability and additional information.
Document No. S14470EJ1V1PM00 (1st edition)
Date Published November 1999 N CP(K)
Printed in Japan