MOS INTEGRATED CIRCUIT
4-BIT SINGLE-CHIP MICROCOMPUTER
The µPD75206 is a microcomputer with a CPU capable of 1-, 4-, and 8-bit-wise data processing, a ROM, a RAM,
I/O ports, a fluorescent display tube controller/driver, a watch timer, a timer/pulse generator capable of outputting
14-bit PWM, a serial interface and a vectored interrupt function integrated on a single-chip.
It uses the VCR, ECR and CD fluorescent display tubes as display devices and is most suitable for applications
requiring the timer/watch function and high-speed interrupt servicing. It can help to provide the unit with many
functions and to decrease performance costs.
With the µPD75206, the µPD75P216A, 75P218 one-time PROM products are available for system development
evaluation or small production.
Detailed functions, etc. are described in the following user's manual. Be sure to read the manual for designing.
µPD75216A User's Manual: IEM-988
• Architecture equal to that of an 8-bit microcomputer
• High-speed operation : Minimum instruction execution time : 0.95 µs (when operated at 4.19 MHz)
• Instruction execution time variable function realizing a wide range of operating voltages
• On-chip large-capacity program memory : 6K bytes
• Watch operation with an ultra low current consumption : 5µA TYP. (at the 3 V operation)
• On-chip programmable fluorescent display tube controller/driver
• Timer function : 4 ch
• 14-bit PWM output capability with the voltage synthesizer type electronic tuner
• Buzzer output capability
• Interrupt function with importance attached to applications
• For power-off detection
• For remote controlled reception
• Product with an on-chip PROM : µPD75P216A, µPD75P218 (on-chip EPROM : WQFN package)
64-pin plastic shrink DIP (750 mil)
64-pin plastic QFP (14 × 20 mm)
Please refer to “Quality grade on NEC Semiconductor Devices” (Document number IEI-1209) published by
NEC Corporation to know the specification of quality grade on the devices and its recommended applications.
Document No. IC-1876A
(O. D. No. IC-6969C)
Date Published August 1993 P
Printed in Japan
The information in this document is subject to change without notice.
The mark 5 shows major revised points.
© NEC Corporation 1991