MOS INTEGRATED CIRCUIT
µPD753012A, 753016A, 753017A
4-BIT SINGLE-CHIP MICROCONTROLLER
The µPD753017A is one of the 75XL series 4-bit single-chip microcontroller chips and has a data processing
capability comparable to that of an 8-bit microcontroller.
It has an on-chip LCD controller/driver with a larger ROM capacity and extended CPU functions compared with
the conventional µPD75316B, and can provide high-speed operation at a low supply voltage of 1.8 V. It can be
supplied in a small plastic TQFP package (12 × 12 mm) and is suitable for small sets using LCD panels.
Detailed descriptions of functions are provided in the following document. Be sure to
read the document before designing.
µPD753017 User’s Manual : U11282E
• Low voltage operation: VDD = 1.8 to 5.5 V
· Can be driven by two 1.5 V batteries
• On-chip memory
· Program memory (ROM):
12288 × 8 bits (µPD753012A)
16384 × 8 bits (µPD753016A)
24576 × 8 bits (µPD753017A)
· Data memory (RAM):
1024 × 4 bits
• Capable of high-speed operation and variable instruction
execution time for power saving
· 0.95, 1.91, 3.81, 15.3 µs (at 4.19 MHz operation)
· 0.67, 1.33, 2.67, 10.7 µs (at 6.0 MHz operation)
· 122 µs (at 32.768 kHz operation)
• Internal programmable LCD controller/driver
• Small plastic TQFP (12 × 12 mm)
· Suitable for small sets such as cameras
• One-time PROM: µPD75P3018A
Remote controllers, camera-integrated VCRs, cameras, gas meters, etc.
In this document, unless otherwise specified, the description is made based on µPD753017A as typical
The information in this document is subject to change without notice. Before using this document, please
confirm that this is the latest version.
Not all devices/types available in every country. Please check with local NEC representative for availability
and additional information.
Document No. U11662EJ2V0DS00 (2nd edition)
Date Published July 2000 N CP(K)
Printed in Japan
The mark shows major revised points.