MOS INTEGRATED CIRCUIT
16/8-BIT SINGLE-CHIP MICROCONTROLLER
The µPD78322 is a 16-/8-bit single-chip microcontroller that incorporates a high-performance 16-bit CPU. The µPD78322
is one of 78K/III series.
A realtime pulse unit for realtime pulse control required in motor control, an A/D converter, a ROM, and a RAM have been
integrated into one chip.
The µPD78322 incorporates 16K-byte mask ROM and 640-byte RAM.
The µPD78320 is provided as a ROM-less product of the µPD78322. Also, the µPD78P322 is provided as an on-chip
Detailed information about product features and specifications can be found in the following document.
µPD78322 User’s Manual : IEU-1248
• Internal 16-bit architecture and external 8-bit data bus
• High-speed processing by pipeline control and instruction prefetch
• Minimum instruction execution time: 250 ns (with 16 MHz external clock in operation)
• Instruction set suitable for control operations (µPD78312 upward compatible)
• Multiplication/division instruction (16 bits × 16 bits, 32 bits ÷ 16 bits)
• Bit manipulation instruction
• String instruction, etc.
• On-chip high-function interrupt controller
• 3-level priority specifiable
• 3-type interrupt servicing mode selectable
(Vectored interrupt function, context switching function, and macro service function)
• Variety of peripheral hardware
• Realtime pulse unit
• 8-channel, 10-bit A/D converter
• Watchdog timer
• Powerful serial interface (with an on-chip dedicated baud rate generator)
····· 1 channel
• SBI (NEC Standard Serial Bus Interface)
• 3-wire serial I/O
····· 1 channel
• Motor control devices
Unless there are any particular notices, the µPD78322 is described as the representative model in this document.
The information in this document is subject to change without notice.
Document No. U10455EJ7V0DS00 (7th edition)
(Previous No. IC-2354)
Date Published November 1995 P
Printed in Japan
The mark shows major revised points.