MOS INTEGRATED CIRCUIT
µPD78052Y, 78053Y, 78054Y, 78055Y, 78056Y, 78058Y
8-BIT SINGLE-CHIP MICROCONTROLLER
The µPD78052Y, 78053Y, 78054Y, 78055Y, 78056Y, and 78058Y versions add the I2C bus control function to
the µPD78052, 78053, 78054, 78055, 78056, and 78058, and are suitable for application in AV products.
Various peripheral hardware such as 8-bit resolution D/A converter, timer, serial interface, real-time output port
and interrupt functions are incorporated.
The 78P058Y, a one-time PROM or EPROM version which can be operated in the same supply voltage as for
the mask ROM version, and various development tools are also available.
Detailed function descriptions, etc., are provided in the following User's Manual. Be sure to read it when
µPD78054, 78054Y Subseries User’s Manual : U11747E
78K/0 Series User’s Manual Instructions
• Internal high-capacity ROM and RAM
• External memory expansion space : 64 Kbytes
Item Program memory
Internal High-Speed RAM
Internal Buffer RAM
Internal Expanded RAM
• Minimum instruction execution time can be varied from high-speed (0.4 µs) to ultra-low-speed (122 µs)
• I/O ports : 69 (N-ch open-drain : 4)
• 8-bit resolution A/D converter: 8 channels
• 8-bit resolution D/A converter: 2 channels
• Serial interface : 3 channels (I2C bus mode : 1 channel)
• Timer : 5 channels
• Supply voltage : VDD = 2.0 to 6.0 V
Cellular phones, pagers, printers, AV equipment, airconditioners, cameras, PPC, fuzzy home applicances,
vending machines, etc.
The information in this document is subject to change without notice.
Document No. U10906EJ2V0DS00 (2nd edition)
Date Published September 1997 N
Printed in Japan
The mark shows major revised points.