Dual 2-to-4 line decoder/demultiplexer
• ESD protection:
HBM EIA/JESD22-A114-A exceeds 2000 V
MM EIA/JESD22-A115-A exceeds 200 V
CDM EIA/JESD22-C101 exceeds 1000 V
• Balanced propagation delays
• All inputs have Schmitt trigger actions
• Inputs accept voltages higher than VCC
• For AHC only: operates with CMOS input levels
• For AHCT only: operates with TTL input levels
• Specified from −40 to +85 °C and −40 to +125 °C.
The 74AHC/AHCT139 are high-speed Si-gate CMOS
devices and are pin compatible with low power Schottky
TTL (LSTTL). They are specified in compliance with
JEDEC standard no. 7A.
The 74AHC/AHCT139 are high-speed, dual 2-to-4 line
This device has two independent decoders, each
accepting two binary weighted inputs (nA0 and nA1) and
providing four mutually exclusive active LOW outputs
(nY0 to nY3). Each decoder has an active LOW enable
input (nE). When nE is HIGH, every output is forced HIGH.
The enable input can be used as the data input for a 1-to-4
The ‘139’ is identical to the HEF4556 of the HE4000B
QUICK REFERENCE DATA
Ground = 0 V; Tamb = 25 °C; tr = tf ≤ 3.0 ns.
nAn to nYn
nE to nYn
power dissipation capacitance
CL = 15 pF; VCC = 5 V
VI = VCC or GND
CL = 50 pF; f = 1 MHz;
notes 1 and 2
1. CPD is used to determine the dynamic power dissipation (PD in µW).
PD = CPD × VCC2 × fi + ∑ (CL × VCC2 × fo) where:
fi = input frequency in MHz;
fo = output frequency in MHz;
∑ (CL × VCC2 × fo) = sum of outputs;
CL = output load capacitance in pF;
VCC = supply voltage in Volts.
2. The condition is VI = GND to VCC.
1999 Sep 01