2.0 A switch-mode charger with
intelligent power-path for 1-cell
Document Number: MC32BC3770
Rev. 1.0, 7/2016
The BC3770 is a fully programmable switching charger with dual-path output for
single-cell Li-Ion and Li-Polymer battery. This dual-path output allows mobile
applications with fully discharged battery or dead battery to boot up the system.
High-efficiency and switch-mode operation of the BC3770 reduce heat
dissipation and allow for higher current capability for a given package size. In
addition, the BC3770 features single input with a 20 V withstanding input and
charges the battery with the current up to 2.0 A. The charging parameters and
operating modes are fully programmable over an I2C Interface that operates up
to 400 kHz.
The BC3770 is a highly integrated synchronous switch-mode charger, featuring
integrated OVP and Power FETs. The charger and boost regulator circuits
switch at 1.5 MHz to minimize the size of external passive components. The
BC3770 is able to operate as a boost regulator for USB-OTG function via either
I2C command or an external pin from the host/processor. The BC3770 is
available in a 25-bump, 2.27 mm x 2.17 mm, WLCSP package.
• Dual-path output to power-up system in dead battery
• Single input for USB/TA
• High-efficiency synchronous switching regulator
• 20 V maximum withstanding input voltage
• Minimize the charging time with remote sense
• Up to 2.0 A load current for system or battery
• Programmable charge parameters via I2C compatible interface
• 400 kHz full-speed I2C interface
• 1.5 MHz switching frequency
• Charge reduction mode for maximizing charging efficiency
• Internet of things (IoT)
• Handheld consumer devices
• Wearable application
• mPOS terminals
• Medical portable equipment
• Consumer tablets
connected on the PCB
Figure 1. BC3770 simplified application diagram
* This document contains certain information on a new product.
Specifications and information herein are subject to change without notice.
© 2016 NXP B.V.