8-bit high-speed multiplying D/A converter
The DAC-08 series of 8-bit monolithic multiplying Digital-to-Analog
Converters provide very high-speed performance coupled with low
cost and outstanding applications flexibility.
Advanced circuit design achieves 70 ns settling times with very low
glitch and at low power consumption. Monotonic multiplying
performance is attained over a wide 20-to-1 reference current range.
Matching to within 1 LSB between reference and full-scale currents
eliminates the need for full-scale trimming in most applications.
Direct interface to all popular logic families with full noise immunity is
provided by the high swing, adjustable threshold logic inputs.
Dual complementary outputs are provided, increasing versatility and
enabling differential operation to effectively double the peak-to-peak
output swing. True high voltage compliance outputs allow direct
output voltage conversion and eliminate output op amps in many
All DAC-08 series models guarantee full 8-bit monotonicity and
linearities as tight as 0.1% over the entire operating temperature
range. Device performance is essentially unchanged over the ±4.5 V
to ±18 V power supply range, with 37 mW power consumption
attainable at ±5 V supplies.
The compact size and low power consumption make the DAC-08
attractive for portable and military aerospace applications.
• Fast settling output current—70 ns
• Full-scale current prematched to ±1 LSB
• Direct interface to TTL, CMOS, ECL, HTL, PMOS
• Relative accuracy to 0.1% maximum over temperature range
• High output compliance –10 V to +18 V
• True and complemented outputs
• Wide range multiplying capability
• Low FS current drift — ±10ppm/°C
• Wide power supply range—±4.5 V to ±18 V
• Low power consumption—37 mW at ±5 V
B1 (MSB) 5
12 B8 (LSB)
16 B8 (LSB)
9 B1 (MSB)
1. SO and non-standard pinouts.
Figure 1. Pin Configuration
• 8-bit, 1 µs A-to-D converters
• Servo-motor and pen drivers
• Waveform generators
• Audio encoders and attenuators
• Analog meter drivers
• Programmable power supplies
• CRT display drivers
• High-speed modems
• Other applications where low cost, high speed and complete
input/output versatility are required
• Programmable gain and attenuation
• Analog-Digital multiplication
2001 Aug 03
2 853-0045 26832