Data sheet: Advance Information
17 mOhm and 7.0 mOhm high-side
Document Number: MC12XS6D1
Rev. 5.0, 11/2018
The 12XS6 is the latest SMARTMOS achievement in automotive lighting drivers.
It belongs to an expanding family, which helps to control and diagnose
incandescent lamps and light-emitting diodes (LEDs), with enhanced precision.
It combines flexibility through daisy chainable SPI 5.0 MHz, extended digital and
analog feedbacks, safety, and robustness.
Output edge shaping helps to improve electromagnetic performance. To avoid
shutting off the device upon inrush current, while still being able to closely track
the load current, a dynamic overcurrent threshold profile is featured. Current of
each channel can be sensed with a programmable sensing ratio. Whenever
communication with the external microcontroller is lost, the device enters a fail
operation mode, but remains operational, controllable, and protected.
This new generation of high-side switch products family facilitates ECU design
due to compatible MCU software and PCB foot prints for each device variant.
• Quad or penta high-side switches with high transient capability
• 16-bit 5.0 MHz SPI control of overcurrent profiles, channel control including
PWM duty cycles, output on and off open load detections, thermal shutdown
and prewarning, and fault reporting
• Output current monitoring with programmable synchronization signal and
battery voltage feedback
• Limp home mode
• External smart power switch control
• Operating voltage is 7.0 V to 18 V with sleep current < 5.0 µA, extended mode
from 6.0 V to 28 V
• -16 V reverse polarity and ground disconnect protections
• Compatible PCB foot print and SPI software driver among the family
EK SUFFIX (PB-FREE)
EK SUFFIX (PB-FREE)
• Low-voltage automotive exterior lighting
• Halogen lamps
• Incandescent bulbs
• Light-emitting diodes (LEDs)
• HID Xenon ballasts
IN VBAT OUT
Figure 1. Triple 7.0 mΩ and dual 17 mΩ high-side simplified application diagram
* This document contains certain information on a new product.
Specifications and information herein are subject to change without notice.
© 2018 NXP B.V.