Programmable solenoid controller
Rev. 7 — 5 November 2019
Product short data sheet
1 General description
The PT2001 is a SMARTMOS programmable gate driver IC for solenoid control in
automotive application. The typical application is engine control. A wide range of system
configurations is also supported.
The general architecture comprises the combination of a set of programmable
microcores, integrated high-side (x5), and low-side (x7) predrivers for discrete logic level
MOSFETs, end of injection detection and means for diagnostics and protection against
external faults. Both battery voltage and booster voltage level high-side configurations
are supported. The chip communicates with the main controller through an SPI bus and a
flexible set of direct interface signals.
The main characteristics of this component are:
• The programmable architecture: the four dedicated microprocessor cores optimized to
control power MOSFETs with small latency time. Thus a high level of flexibility during
design and at runtime can be achieved.
• The high level of integration: all interfaces are designed to use as few external
components as possible.
2 Features and benefits
• Programmable integrated End-of-Injection (EOI) measurement function
• Outputs configurable into 2-bank operation
• Five high-side / seven low-side predrivers:
– PWM frequency: 100 kHz
– Four programmable slew rates: 12.5 V/μs to 300 V/μs
• Flexible current profile management through four programmable microcores running at
• Automatic freewheeling control
• Programmable integrated diagnostics:
• Independent DRVEN pin for safety
• ISO 26262 compliant development
• Embedded encryption for microcode protection
• 16-bit SPI control with IRQB plus three interrupt flags
• 36 V tolerant digital IOs