The i.MX 6Solo/6DualLite processors are specifically useful for applications such as:
• Automotive navigation and entertainment
• Graphics rendering for Human Machine Interfaces (HMI)
• High-performance speech processing with large databases
• Audio playback
• Video processing and display
The i.MX 6Solo/6DualLite applications processors feature:
• Multilevel memory system—The multilevel memory system of each processor is based on the L1
instruction and data caches, L2 cache, and internal and external memory. The processors support
many types of external memory devices, including DDR3, DDR3L, LPDDR2, NOR Flash,
PSRAM, cellular RAM, NAND Flash (MLC and SLC), OneNAND™, and managed NAND,
including eMMC up to rev 4.4/4.41.
• Smart speed technology—The processors have power management throughout the IC that enables
the rich suite of multimedia features and peripherals to consume minimum power in both active
and various low power modes. Smart speed technology enables the designer to deliver a
feature-rich product, requiring levels of power far lower than industry expectations.
• Dynamic voltage and frequency scaling—The processors improve the power efficiency of devices
by scaling the voltage and frequency to optimize performance.
• Multimedia powerhouse—The multimedia performance of each processor is enhanced by a
multilevel cache system, NEON™ MPE (Media Processor Engine) co-processor, a multi-standard
hardware video codec, an image processing unit (IPU), a programmable smart DMA (SDMA)
controller, and an asynchronous sample rate converter.
• Powerful graphics acceleration—Each processor provides two independent, integrated graphics
processing units: an OpenGL® ES 2.0 3D graphics accelerator with a shader and a 2D graphics
• Interface flexibility—Each processor supports connections to a variety of interfaces: LCD
controller for up to two displays (including parallel display, HDMI1.4, MIPI display, and LVDS
display), dual CMOS sensor interface (parallel or through MIPI), high-speed USB on-the-go with
PHY, high-speed USB host with PHY, multiple expansion card ports (high-speed MMC/SDIO host
and other), 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet controller two CAN ports, ESAI audio interface,
and a variety of other popular interfaces (such as UART, I2C, and I2S serial audio, and PCIe-II).
• Automotive environment support—Each processor includes interfaces, such as two CAN ports, an
MLB150/50 port, an ESAI audio interface, and an asynchronous sample rate converter for
• Advanced security—The processors deliver hardware-enabled security features that enable secure
e-commerce, digital rights management (DRM), information encryption, secure boot, and secure
software downloads. The security features are discussed in detail in the i.MX 6Solo/6DualLite
Security Reference Manual (IMX6DQ6SDLSRM).
• Integrated power management—The processors integrate linear regulators and internally generate
voltage levels for different domains. This significantly simplifies system power management
i.MX 6Solo/6DualLite Automotive and Infotainment Applications Processors, Rev. 9, 11/2018