• Color eReaders
• Human Machine Interfaces (HMI)
• Portable medical
• IP phones
• Home energy management systems
The i.MX 6Solo/6DualLite applications processors feature:
• Applications processors—The processors enhance the capabilities of high-tier portable
applications by fulfilling the ever increasing MIPS requirements of operating systems and games.
The Dynamic Voltage and Frequency Scaling (DVFS) provides significant power reduction,
allowing the device to run at lower voltage and frequency with sufficient MIPS for tasks, such as
• Multilevel memory system—The multilevel memory system of each processor is based on the L1
instruction and data caches, L2 cache, and internal and external memory. The processors support
many types of external memory devices, including DDR3, DDR3L, LPDDR2, NOR Flash,
PSRAM, cellular RAM, NAND Flash (MLC and SLC), OneNAND™, and managed NAND,
including eMMC up to rev 4.4/4.41.
• Smart speed technology—The processors have power management throughout the IC that enables
the rich suite of multimedia features and peripherals to consume minimum power in both active
and various low power modes. Smart speed technology enables the designer to deliver a
feature-rich product, requiring levels of power far lower than industry expectations.
• Dynamic voltage and frequency scaling—The processors improve the power efficiency of devices
by scaling the voltage and frequency to optimize performance.
• Multimedia powerhouse—The multimedia performance of each processor is enhanced by a
multilevel cache system, NEON™ MPE (Media Processor Engine) co-processor, a multi-standard
hardware video codec, an image processing unit (IPU), a programmable smart DMA (SDMA)
controller, and an asynchronous sample rate converter.
• Powerful graphics acceleration—Each processor provides two independent, integrated graphics
processing units: an OpenGL® ES 2.0 3D graphics accelerator with a shader and a 2D graphics
• Interface flexibility—Each processor supports connections to a variety of interfaces: LCD
controller for up to two displays (including parallel display, HDMI1.4, MIPI display, and LVDS
display), dual CMOS sensor interface (parallel or through MIPI), high-speed USB on-the-go with
PHY, high-speed USB host with PHY, multiple expansion card ports (high-speed MMC/SDIO host
and other), 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet controller two CAN ports, ESAI audio interface,
and a variety of other popular interfaces (such as UART, I2C, and I2S serial audio, and PCIe-II).
• Eink Panel Display Controller—The processors integrate EPD controller that supports E-INK
color and monochrome with up to 1650x2332 resolution and 5-bit grayscale (32-levels per color
• Advanced security—The processors deliver hardware-enabled security features that enable secure
e-commerce, digital rights management (DRM), information encryption, secure boot, and secure
i.MX 6Solo/6DualLite Applications Processors for Consumer Products, Rev. 8, 09/2017
2 NXP Semiconductors