NFC Forum Type 2 Tag compliant IC with 48/128 bytes user memory
1.2 Simple deployment and user convenience
NTAG21x offers specific features designed to improve integration and user convenience:
• The fast read capability allows to scan the complete NDEF message with only one
FAST_READ command, thus reducing the overhead in high throughput production
• The improved RF performance allows for more flexibility in the choice of shape,
dimension and materials
• The option for 75 m IC thickness enables the manufacturing of ultrathin tags, for a
more convenient integration in e.g. magazines or gaming cards.
• Manufacturer programmed 7-byte UID for each device
• Capability container with one time programmable bits
• Field programmable read-only locking function per page (per 2 pages for the
extended memory section)
• ECC based originality signature
• 32-bit password protection to prevent unauthorized memory operations
1.4 NFC Forum Tag 2 Type compliance
NTAG21x IC provides full compliance to the NFC Forum Tag 2 Type technical
specification (see Ref. 2) and enables NDEF data structure configurations (see Ref. 3).
An intelligent anticollision function allows to operate more than one tag in the field
simultaneously. The anticollision algorithm selects each tag individually and ensures that
the execution of a transaction with a selected tag is performed correctly without
interference from another tag in the field.
Product data sheet
All information provided in this document is subject to legal disclaimers.
Rev. 3.0 — 14 March 2013
© NXP B.V. 2013. All rights reserved.
2 of 46