Full bridge current driven vertical
• Fully integrated, few external components
• Maximum 2.5 A (p-p) deflection current
• No additional components in combination with the
deflection controller family TDA485x and SAA4856
• Pre-amplifier with differential high CMRR current mode
• Low offsets
• High linear sawtooth signal amplification
• High efficient DC-coupled vertical output bridge circuit
• High deflection frequency up to 200 Hz
• Power supply and flyback supply voltage independent
adjustable to optimize power consumption and flyback
• Excellent transition behaviour during flyback
• Guard circuit for screen protection
• Power save mode controlled by input pins
(in combination with SAA4856 only) or guard pin.
The TDA4867J is a power booster for use in colour vertical
deflection systems for frame frequencies of 50 to 200 Hz.
The circuit provides a high CMRR current driven
differential input. Due to the bridge configuration of the two
output stages DC-coupling of the deflection coil is
achieved. In conjunction with the deflection controller
family TDA485x and SAA4856 the ICs offer an extremely
advanced system solution.
QUICK REFERENCE DATA
MIN. TYP. MAX. UNIT
DC supplies; note 1
ﬂyback supply voltage
quiescent ﬂyback current
no load; no signal
VP + 6
deﬂection current on pins OUTB
and OUTA (peak-to-peak value)
Ii(dif) differential input current
− ±500 ±600 µA
maximum current during ﬂyback on
pin VFB (peak-to-peak value)
Guard circuit; note 1
− − 2.5 A
5.5 6.2 −
1. Voltages refer to pin GND.
2. If VFB is between 40 and 60 V a decoupling capacitor CFB = 22 µF (between pin VFB and pin GND) and a resistor
RFB = 100 Ω (between pin VFB and flyback supply voltage) are required (see Fig.6).
3. Differential input current Ii(dif) = IINP − IINN.
2004 Jul 22