Previous version: Jan. 1998
PROGRAMMABLE DMA CONTROLLER
The MSM82C37B-5RS/GS/VJS, DMA (Direct Memory Access) controller is capable of high-
speed data transfer without CPU intervention and is used as a peripheral device in microcomputer
systems. The device features four independent programmable DMA channels.
Due to the use of silicon gate CMOS technology, standby current is 10 mA (max.), and power
consumption is as low as 10 mA (max.) when a 5 MHz clock is generated.
All items of AC characteristics are compatible with intel 8237A-5.
• Maximum operating frequency of 5 MHz (Vcc = 5 V ±10%)
• High-speed operation at very low power consumption due to silicon gate CMOS technology
• Wide operating temperature range from –40°C to +85°C
• 4-channels independent DMA control
• DMA request masking and programming
• DMA request priority function
• DREQ and DACK input/output logic inversion
• DMA address increment/decrement selection
• Memory-to-Memory Transfers
• Channel extension by cascade connection
• DMA transfer termination by EOP input
• Intel 8237A-5 compatibility
• TTL Compatible
• 40-pin Plastic DIP (DIP40-P-600-2.54): (Product name: MSM82C37B-5RS)
• 44-pin Plastic QFJ (QFJ44-P-S650-1.27): (Product name: MSM82C37B-5VJS)
• 44-pin Plastic QFP (QFP44-P-910-0.80-2K): (Product name: MSM82C37B-5GS-2K)