Medium-Power Plastic PNP
. . . designed for driver circuits, switching, and amplifier
applications. These high–performance plastic devices feature:
• Low Saturation Voltage —
VCE(sat) = 0.6 Vdc (Max) @ IC = 1.0 Amp
• Excellent Power Dissipation Due to Thermopad Construction —
PD = 30 W @ TC = 25_C
• Excellent Safe Operating Area
• Gain Specified to IC = 1.0 Amp
• Complement to NPN 2N4921, 2N4922, 2N4923
Symbol 2N4918 2N4919 2N4920 Unit
ÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎCollector Current — Continuous (1)
ÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎTotal Power Dissipation @ TC = 25°C
Derate above 25_C
ÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎOperating & Storage Junction
–65 to +150
ÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎTHERMAL CHARACTERISTICS (2)
ÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎThermal Resistance, Junction to Case
ÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎ*Indicates JEDEC Registered Data for 2N4918 Series.
(1) The 1.0 Amp maximum IC value is based upon JEDEC current gain requirements.
The 3.0 Amp maximum value is based upon actual current–handling capability of the
device (See Figure 5).
(2) Recommend use of thermal compound for lowest thermal resistance.
*ON Semiconductor Preferred Device
PIN 1. EMITTER
Preferred devices are ON Semiconductor recommended choices for future use and best overall value.
© Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, 2002
April, 2002 – Rev. 10
Publication Order Number: