256 kb CMOS Parallel
The CAT28C257 is a fast, low power, 5 V−only CMOS Parallel
EEPROM organized as 32K x 8−bits. It requires a simple interface for
in−system programming. On−chip address and data latches,
self−timed write cycle with auto−clear and VCC power up/down write
protection eliminate additional timing and protection hardware. DATA
Polling and Toggle status bits signal the start and end of the self−timed
write cycle. Additionally, the CAT28C257 features hardware and
software write protection.
The CAT28C257 is manufactured using ON Semiconductor’s
advanced CMOS floating gate technology. It is designed to endure
100,000 program/erase cycles and has a data retention of 100 years.
The device is available in JEDEC approved 28−pin DIP or 32−pin
• Fast Read Access Times: 120/150 ns
• Low Power CMOS Dissipation:
– Active: 25 mA Max.
– Standby: 150 mA Max.
• Simple Write Operation:
– On−chip Address and Data Latches
– Self−timed Write Cycle with Auto−clear
• Fast Write Cycle Time:
− 5 ms Max.
• CMOS and TTL Compatible I/O
• Automatic Page Write Operation:
− 1 to 128 Bytes in 5 ms
− Page Load Timer
• End of Write Detection:
− Toggle Bit
− DATA Polling
• Hardware and Software Write Protection
• 100,000 Program/Erase Cycles
• 100 Year Data Retention
• Commercial, Industrial and Automotive Temperature Ranges
P, L SUFFIX
N, G SUFFIX
5 V Supply
See detailed ordering and shipping information in the package
dimensions section on page 13 of this data sheet.
© Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, 2009
December, 2009 − Rev. 6
Publication Order Number: