6-Channel Low Noise
Charge Pump White LED
The CAT3606 controls up to four LEDs for the main display and
two LEDs for the sub-display in cellular phones. The device is capable
of operating in either 1x (LDO) mode or 1.5x charge pump mode. All
LED pin currents are regulated and tightly matched to achieve
uniformity of brightness across the LCD backlight. An external
resistor (RSET) sets the nominal output current.
The device can deliver as much as 20 mA per channel during low
voltage operation (3 V), and 30 mA per channel during nominal
operation (3.3 V). A constant high-frequency switching scheme
(1 MHz) provides low noise and allows the use of very small value
A “zero” quiescent current mode can be achieved via the chip enable
pin EN. The Main and Sub LEDs each have their own dedicated
ON/OFF control pins ENM, ENS. Dimming can be achieved using
either a DC voltage to control the RSET pin current, or by applying a
PWM signal on the ENM and ENS pins.
The device is available in a 16−pad TQFN package with a max
height of 0.8 mm.
• Drives up to 4 Main LEDs and 2 Sub LEDs
• Separate Control for Main and Sub LEDs
• Compatible with Supply Voltage of 3 V to 5.5 V
• Power Efficiency up to 90%
• Output Current up to 30 mA per LED
• High−frequency Operation at 1 MHz
• 2 Modes of Operation 1x and 1.5x
• White LED Detect Circuitry on All Channels
• Shutdown Current less than 1 mA
• Small Ceramic Capacitors
• Soft Start and Current Limiting
• Short Circuit Protection
• 16−pad TQFN Package, 0.8 mm Max Height
• These Devices are Pb−Free, Halogen Free/BFR Free and are RoHS
• Cell Phone Main and Sub−display Backlight
• Digital Cameras
PIN CONNECTIONS (Note 1)
(4 x 4 mm) (Top View)
G366 = CAT3606HV4−T2
CDBB = CAT3606HV4−GT2
Tape & Reel
1. The “exposed pad” under the package must be
connected to the ground plane on the PCB.
2. Matte−Tin Plated Finish (RoHS−compliant).
3. NiPdAu Plated Finish (RoHS−compliant).
© Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, 2010
January, 2010 − Rev. 3
Publication Order Number: