4-Channel 1-Wire LED
Driver in 3 x 3 mm Package
The CAT3614 is a high efficiency 1x/1.5x fractional charge pump
with programmable dimming current in four LED channels. To ensure
uniform brightness in LCD backlight applications, each LED channel
delivers an accurate regulated current.
Low noise and input ripple is achieved by operating at a constant
switching frequency of 1 MHz which allows the use of small external
ceramic capacitors. The 1x/1.5x fractional charge pump supports a
wide range of input voltages from 3 V to 5.5 V with efficiency up to
91%, and is ideal for Li−Ion battery powered devices.
The EN/DIM logic input provides a 1−wire EZDimt interface for
dimming control of the LEDs. When enabled, a series of clock pulses
reduces the LED brightness in 1 mA steps on each negative going
edge. Currents from 0 mA to 31 mA are supported.
The device is available in the tiny 12−pad TDFN 3 x 3 mm package
with a max height of 0.8 mm.
• Drives up to 4 LED Channels
• 1−wire EZDimt Programmable LED Current
• Accurate 1 mA Dimming Level
• Power Efficiency up to 91%
• Fractional Pump 1x/1.5x
• Low Noise Input Ripple
• Fixed High Frequency Operation 1 MHz
• “Zero” Current Shutdown Mode
• Soft Start and Current Limiting
• Short Circuit Protection
• Thermal Shutdown Protection
• TDFN 12−pad 3 mm x 3 mm Package
• These Devices are Pb−Free, Halogen Free/BFR Free and are RoHS
• LCD Display Backlight
• Cellular Phones
• Digital Still Cameras
• Handheld Devices
HAAA = CAT3614HV2-T2
HAAC = CAT3614HV2-GT2
A = Assembly Location
XXX = Last Three Digits of Assembly Lot Number
Y = Production Year (Last Digit)
WW = Production Week (Two Digit)
Tape & Reel
(Pb−Free) Tape & Reel
1. Matte−Tin Plated Finish (RoHS−compliant).
2. NiPdAu Plated Finish (RoHS−compliant).
© Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, 2010
April, 2010 − Rev. 2
Publication Order Number: