LED Driver, 6-Channel
The CAT3636 is a high efficiency fractional charge pump that can
drive up to six LEDs programmable by a one wire digital interface.
The inclusion of a 1.33x fractional charge pump mode increases
device efficiency by up to 10% over traditional 1.5x charge pumps
with no added external capacitors.
Low noise input ripple is achieved by operating at a constant
switching frequency which allows the use of small external ceramic
capacitors. The multi−fractional charge pump supports a wide range of
input voltages from 2.5 V to 5.5 V.
The EN/SET logic input functions as a chip enable and a “1−wire”
addressable interface for control and current setting of all LEDs. Three
groups of two LEDs can be configured with independent LED currents
between 0.25 mA and 32 mA.
The device is available in a tiny −16lead TQFN 3 mm x 3 mm
package with a max height of 0.8 mm.
ON Semiconductor’s 1.33x charge pump switching architecture is
• High Efficiency 1.33x Charge Pump
• Charge Pump: 1x, 1.33x, 1.5x, 2x
• Drives up to 6 LEDs at 32 mA Each
• 1−Wire EZDim LED Current Programming
• Power Efficiency up to 92%
• Low Noise Input Ripple in All Modes
• “Zero” Current Shutdown Mode
• Soft Start and Current Limiting
• Short Circuit Protection
• Thermal Shutdown Protection
• Tiny 3 mm x 3 mm, 16−lead TQFN Package
• These Devices are Pb−Free, Halogen Free/BFR Free and are RoHS
• LCD Display Backlight
• Color RGB LEDs
• Cellular Phones
• Digital Still Cameras
• Handheld Devices
JAAA = CAT3636HV3−T2
JAAR = CAT3636HV3−GT2
A = Assembly Location
XXX = Last Three Digits of Assembly Lot Number
Y = Production Year (Last Digit)
WW = Production Week (Two Digits)
Tape & Reel
†For information on tape and reel specifications,
including part orientation and tape sizes, please
refer to our Tape and Reel Packaging Specifications
1. Matte−Tin Plated Finish (RoHS−compliant).
2. NiPdAu Plated Finish (RoHS−compliant).
© Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, 2014
August, 2014 − Rev. 8
Publication Order Number: