Ordering number : EN6201B
Monolithic Digital IC
For Polygon Mirror Motors
3-phase Brushless Motor Driver
The LB1876 is a driver for polygon mirror motors such as used in laser printers and similar equipment.
It incorporates all necessary circuitry (speed control + driver) on a single chip. Direct PWM drive enables drive with
low power loss.
• 3-phase bipolar drive
• Direct PWM drive technique
• Built-in lower side output diode
• Output current limiter
• Reference clock input circuit (FG frequency equivalent)
• PLL speed control circuit
• Phase lock detector output (with masking function)
• Built-in protection circuitry includes current limiter, restraint protection, overheat protection, low-voltage protection,
• Brake method switching circuit (free-run or reverse torque)
• 5V regulator output
• Power save function
Absolute Maximum Ratings at Ta = 25°C
Maximum supply voltage
Maximum output current
Allowable power dissipation
t ≤ 500ms
Mounted on a specified board*
*Specified board: 114.3mm × 76.1mm × 1.6mm, glass epoxy board.
-20 to +80
-55 to +150
Stresses exceeding Maximum Ratings may damage the device. Maximum Ratings are stress ratings only. Functional operation above the Recommended Operating
Conditions is not implied. Extended exposure to stresses above the Recommended Operating Conditions may affect device reliability.
Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, 2013
31109 MS/61202RM (OT)/62599RM (KI) No.6201-1/12