Ordering number : ENA0165A
I/O-Expander for Microcontroller
The LC709004A is a peripheral IC dedicated for expanding the capability of the microcontroller (MCU) I/O ports. It
interfaces with the microcontroller through synchronous serial communication. Communication with the extended I/O
ports is accomplished through 16-bit parallel I/O. The extended port features include the capabilities to specify the I/O
direction on a bit basis, to specify the output type (CMOS or N-channel open drain), and to specify the I/O voltage
level on a port basis according to the power level of the peripheral equipment. These features make allow the
LC709004A to be used in a wide variety of applications.
• 4-/5-wire synchronous serial transmission and reception, and 16-bit parallel I/O
• Wide operating voltage range (2.0V to 6.0V)
• Multifunction I/O ports
- I/O direction specification: Bit units
- CMOS or Nch-OD output type specification: Bit units
- Output voltage adjustment: Port (8 bits) units
• Output current: 12mA max. (capable of driving a green LED directly)
• Data transmission and reception: Can control reception of input data and transmission of output data in parallel.
• Cascaded configuration: Ports can be expanded in units of 16 bits × n (n is the number of LSI chips).
• Packaging from: MFP24S (300mil): lead-free type (discontinued)
MFP24SJ (300mil): lead-free type
Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, 2013
20812HKIM 20120120-S00005 No.A0165-1/13