Dual Ultra Low−Noise Low
Dropout Voltage Regulator
with 1.0 V ON/OFF Control
The MC33762 is a dual Low DropOut (LDO) regulator featuring
excellent noise performances. Thanks to its innovative design, the
circuit reaches an impressive 40 µVRMS noise level without an
external bypass capacitor. Housed in a small µ8 package, it represents
the ideal designer’s choice when space and noise are at premium.
The absence of external bandgap capacitor accelerates the response
time to a wake−up signal and keeps it within 40 µs, making the
MC33762 as a natural candidate for portable applications.
The MC33762 also hosts a novel architecture which prevents
excessive undershoots in the presence of fast transient bursts, as in any
Finally, with a static line regulation better than −75 dB, it naturally
shields the downstream electronics from choppy lines.
• Nominal Output Current of 80 mA with a 100 mA Peak Capability
• Ultra−Low Noise: 150 nV/√Hz @ 100 Hz, 40 µVRMS
100 Hz−100 kHz Typical, Iout = 60 mA, Co = 1.0 µF
• Fast Response Time from OFF to ON: 40 µs Typical
• Ready for 1.0 V Platforms: ON with a 900 mV High Level
• Typical Dropout of 90 mV @ 30 mA, 160 mV @ 80 mA
• Ripple Rejection: 70 dB @ 1.0 kHz
• 1.5% Output Precision @ 25°C
• Thermal Shutdown
• Vout Available at 2.5 V, 2.8 V, and 3.0 V
• Separate Dice for Each Regulator Provides Maximum Isolation
• Operating Range from −40 to +85°C
• Noise Sensitive Circuits: VCOs RF Stages, etc.
• Bursting Systems (TDMA Phones)
• All Battery Operated Devices
PIN CONFIGURATION AND
xxxx = Version
Y = Year
WW = Work Week
See detailed ordering and shipping information in the package
dimensions section on page 14 of this data sheet.
© Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, 2003
July, 2003 − Rev. 4
Publication Order Number: