Potentiometer (POT) with
The N57M5127 is a single digital POTs designed as an electronic
replacement for mechanical potentiometers and trim pots. Ideal for
automated adjustments on high volume production lines, it is also well
suited for applications where equipment requiring periodic adjustment
is either difficult to access or located in a hazardous or remote
The N57M5127 contains a 32-tap series resistor array connected
between two terminals RH and RL. An up/down counter and decoder
that are controlled by three input pins, determines which tap is
connected to the wiper. The wiper setting, stored in nonvolatile
memory, is not lost when the device is powered down and is
automatically reinstated when power is returned. The wiper can be
adjusted to test new system values without effecting the stored setting.
Wiper-control of the N57M5127 is accomplished with three input
control pins, CS, U/D, and INC. The INC input increments the wiper
in the direction which is determined by the logic state of the U/D input.
The CS input is used to select the device and also store the wiper
position prior to power down.
The device is used as a two-terminal variable resistors. Digital POTs
bring variability and programmability to a wide variety of applications
including control, parameter adjustments, and signal processing.
• 32-position Linear Taper Potentiometer
• Non-volatile EEPROM Wiper Storage
• Low Standby Current
• Single Supply Operation: 2.7 V – 5.5 V
• Increment Up/Down Serial Interface
• Resistance Values: 10 kW, 50 kW and 100 kW
• 8−Lead MSOP Package
• This Device is Pb-Free, Halogen Free/BFR Free and are RoHS
• Automated Product Calibration
• Remote Control Adjustments
• Offset, Gain and Zero Control
• Tamper-proof Calibrations
• Contrast, Brightness and Volume Controls
• Motor Controls and Feedback Systems
• Programmable Analog Functions
This document contains information on a product under development. ON Semiconductor
reserves the right to change or discontinue this product without notice.
See detailed ordering and shipping information in the package
dimensions section on page 9 of this data sheet.
© Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, 2016
August, 2016 − Rev. P0
Publication Order Number: